The University of the Third Age - Welwyn Hatfield
London History Study Group
Meetings are held at the Community Room, Tesco, Hatfield, from 14:00 to 16:00, on the third Thursday of each month.
Leader is Stephen Brown, tel: 01707 339285
The group explores all aspects of the history of London through talks and discussions. All meetings commence with a brief look at events in London that took place in that month in years gone by, and an update on the latest blue plaques installed by English Heritage.
During the 2020 Covid-19 crisis, the London History Group is not holding its monthly meetings. In the meantime, presentations that would normally have been made at the meetings are being placed on the website for members to access.
- Click here for the March 2020 presentation (PDF)
- Click here for the April 2020 presentation (PDF)
- Click here for the May 2020 presentation (PDF)
The meetings for the 2018/2019 session were as follows:
- 16 August 2018
- 20 September 2018
- 18 October 2018
- 15 November 2018. Presentation by Stephen Brown on the development of shops and shopping in 17th and 18th century London. Click here (PDF) to download a PDF of the presentation.
- 17 January 2019
- 21 February 2019
- 21 March 2019
- 18 April 2019
- 16 May 2019
- 20 June 2019
- 18 July 2019
The meetings for the 2017/2018 session were as follows:
- 21 September 2017
- 19 October 2017
- 16 November 2017
- 18 January 2018
- 15 February 2018
- 15 March 2018. Presentation by Stephen Brown on the Festival of Britain. Click here (PDF) to download a PDF of the presentation.
- 19 April 2018
- 17 May 2018
- 21 June 2018
- 19 July 2018
Web-site created by Roger Swaine.