The University of the Third Age
Photos above our fascinating talk on 4th October about the history of Sulgrave manor near Banbury and its link to George Washington. The talk was given without a script, without a microphone and without visual aids other than the splendid Tudor costume worn by the speaker - Laurence Washington, Lord of the manor of Sulgrave and Stuchbury (aka Martin Sirot-Smith). He held the audience spellbound with the story spanning the Middle Ages to modern times.
The U3A Family History Group has arranged a visit to The Hertfordshire Archive and Local Study (HALS) centre on Tuesday 12th December 2017 where they will be given a tour of the archive. They have also requested that the archivist covers workhouses in Hertfordshire as a specialist topic.
They plan to meet at 1:50pm at the archive which is based in County Hall, Pegs Lane, Hertford SG13 8DQ. The cost will be a maximum of £5 per person.
They have 5 spare places - if you wish to come please email Brian Bolton-Knight at email@example.com
Notices - 15/11/17
- Christmas lunch-tickets are no longer on sale. If you have any outstanding queries please contact Linda Kent Taylor on 01438717973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rummikub – Will be held at Guessens Community Hall on the first and third Monday of the month. The first meeting will be on Monday, 20th November, 9:40 for a 10 a.m start. Contact Muriel Will on 01707 325496 if you are interested and please bring along a Rummicub set if you have one.
- Art and Photo Exhibition is at the Ludwick Family Centre on Wednesday 22 November. Do come along to see the wonderful work produced by our members and how they do it!
- New Members’ meeting-just a reminder that this is taking place at 10am on Monday 27th November at Verulam Close, just off Ludwick Way.
- Christmas Dance - Saturday 9 December at Ludwick family Centre. Don’t forget to bring your own drinks, glasses and nibbles. Doors open at 7.30pm for an 8pm start. Fish and chip supper at 9pm and the evening closes at 10.30pm.
- Travel Group - Application forms for the five day trip to Suffolk leaving on 15 July are now available. Please see Jean Davis, Kathy Duggan or Tony Bristow. Contact details are on the programme.
- Reminder - please wear badges and sign in on a Wednesday morning.
Membership Badges may be collected at the following Wednesday morning meetings:-
20 September & 1 November at Hatfield, and 27 September & 25 October in WGC.
They can also be collected on Monday 27 November at the New Members Coffee Morning in Verulam House, WGC.
The minutes of the 2017 AGM are on the "Committee" page of this website
A working group was set up by the Chairman of the Third Age Trust in 2016 to look into the future structure of the Third Age Trust, and this group has published its findings and recommendations. You can read these by clicking here (PDF).
- Click here to learn more about the University of the Third Age.
- Click here for details of the weekly general meetings (including venue maps).
- Click here for more information about joining the U3A.
- Click here for details of the study groups, and resources for group co-ordinators.
- Click here for details of the committee.
- Click here for other (non WelHatU3A) information sent to us (Noticeboard).
- Click here for links to other useful websites, plus archival information.
- Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Click here for the latest (September 2017) and earlier Newsletters.
You can also use the hot-links at the top of each page to navigate around this website. Click on [Home] to get back to this page.
For more information, e-mail: email@example.com
E-mail any updates, corrections, etc. for this website to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web-site created by Roger Swaine.